Plant Partners provides merchandising in garden centers of large national retailers. Our merchandisers create displays of live plants and keep them full and fresh.
Please click on the respective tabs to see descriptions of our various job offering.
Garden Center Merchandiser
Our seasonal Merchandisers enjoy:
- Working in an outdoor environment
- Creating beautiful displays with live plants
- Learning more about the horticulture hobby
- Getting a physical workout every day
- Making new friends on the job
- Loving their free farmer's tan!
- Seasonal work to put extra cash in your pocket
- Flexible schedules to fit your busy lifestyle
- Opportunities to grow with our company
Our work is quite physical in nature! Requirements for the job include:
- Ability to repeatedly lift potted plants (up to 50 pounds)
- Walking and standing for the entire shift
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass our criminal background check
- Need a phone and valid email address
Leads perform in a Merchandiser role with additional responsibilities.
- Communicates product updates to store staff and merchandisers
- Informs store management of issues with displays, product or safety
- Assists with recruiting, training and retention of seasonal merchandising staff
- Conducts ongoing training and direction to seasonal merchandisers
- Takes photos and filing reports as requested
Additional training is provided for Team Leads
- Problem solving
- Time management & goal setting
- Communication & Reporting
- Training others
Responsible for the execution and performance of the live nursery merchandising program within assigned territory.
- Provides leadership and support by embracing the company's mission
- Develops successful working partnerships with store management teams
- Recruits, interviews and hiries to meet staffing requirements for all stores in the territory
- Conducts training to assure understanding of company expectations
- Uses motivation and feedback to promote company objectives
- Routinely visiting and assessing the needs of each store in the territory
- Assuring all calendared and seasonal events are executed properly
Provides leadership and support to a team of 4-8 District Managers to achieve long and short term goals of the company.
- Responsible for the performance of their region in endorsing the company's mission, vision and values
- Assures District Managers follow established staffing procedures and meet budget requirements
- Assists District Managers with mentoring and coaching their teams of merchandisers
- Creates an environment of job satisfaction that promotes retention of seasonal merchandisers
- Routinely travels with District Managers through stores to monitor program execution
- Provides assistance with identification and resolution of store and staffing issues
“I love being able to work outside. I get to be around beautiful plants all day and learn new things daily. It's perfect for me.”Laura, Virginia
All applicants must apply online!
To apply for job, click the Apply for Job button to take you to the Job Search page, then search by address, city, state or zip code.
Select job(s) to indicate where you have an interest. Your application will be forwarded to one of our District Managers in the area where you have applied.